Blogger Widgets Pukalani- Hole in the Heavens

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I was nine years old the first time I saw girls dancing Hawaiian dance. It was at my sister's high school graduation. I fell in love with the colors of their skirts and the way in which they moved them. I also liked their beautiful hair with a flower, that moved to the rhythm of their hips. For a moment I saw myself there, dancing with them delighting the audience with those delicate but fast movements.

That was the day that I discovered I loved Hawaiian dance. I could not wait to go to the same high school that my sister went  so I could learn how to dance Hawaiian, but for me to do that, I had to wait four long years!

Time passed and the day finally  came for me to go to high school. Three weeks later  after classes began, I was on the Hawaiian dance team! I  was there for two years and I will never forget all the experiences, fun times, and sacrifices that were made in that stage of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment